TVT - Race to Neochori (pvp or no-pvp)

erikiru

TVT - Race to Neochori (pvp or no-pvp)

Post by erikiru »

Projectname: Race to Neochori

Main Goals:
1) Each team has to complete two objectives (destroy in caches in towns nr.1 (task1) and nr. 2 (task2)) and then assasinate an officer in Neochori (task 3). After all objectives are complete then that team wins.
* The officer only appears (trigger) when the first two objectives is done by a side.
* Killing the officer (Neochori) without completing first two objectives will lead to [not completing mission] - and the other side will win ( cause all objectives are met)
* If both teams completed first two objectives - the one side who kills the officer wins.
2) (if PVP = on) If the commander bleeds out (permanent death) that side loses.
* Everyone but the commander can respawn as many times as they want

Side objective:
Each team can commandeer a littlebird (transport chopper) on the airfield. Light résistance is present on the airports.

Leave ideas&thoughts&feedback&critic in the comments
I do want your opinions....if this should be milsim [limited lives, ff on, pvp on] or arcade [unlimited respawns, ff off, pvp off].

TimeFrame to alpha testing on server: 3 weeks (march2019).

---
Details
---
* In first two villages (first objectives) little resistance.
* Neochori - more resistance OPFOR (i (paratroopers), t, ).
* Neochori - Main forces paratrooped/spawned in when one side completes objectives 1&2.
* Military Towers - no acces (trigger teleport script) and surrounded by mines. (barricades do not work against the climbing addon)
* SPAWN - 2 transport vehicles
* Neochori - Main forces use dynamic partolling (zeus script) √ light
* LAG - using triggers to delete dead bodies. √ 26k script
* LAG - using triggers to spawn in bodies √ 26k script
* PARAMETERS - random
* TEAMS - same armor, weapon, transport vehicles, team-compostion - different outfit, spawnlocation
Last edited by erikiru on Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim

Re: TVT - Race to Neochori (pvp or no-pvp)

Post by Jim »

How about in PVP mode the teams must capture and return the HVT? - stops them GL'ing the town in a desperate bid to win, also means that there's more conflict between teams with the extraction phase(s), plus a need to PID targets.

Nice mission
erikiru

Post by erikiru »

Yes, that seems more immersive:D thank you!
erikiru

Post by erikiru »

Hi all,

I've got one issue....with scripting/triggering....if you would please give me some help!
I want when a condition is met: a transport helictoper (opfor) spawn in with a i8_p in cargo.....making a paradrop over the AO (neochori) --- and then the i8 following the random waypoints (UPS_Lite).

Yet when spawning in the i8 I can use: (source: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/createUnit)

type createUnit [ position, group, init, skill, rank] // to perform the ups script.
or
group createUnit [type, position, markers, placement, special] // place them as cargo in the heli.

But thats how far my minds taking me:)....If it is not possible ill wont do a heli drop...but do a boring spawning on the ground.....

what are your thoughts? Can you help me please:) greets
erikiru

Post by erikiru »

i stopped with that script....and just place some ai in my first version of the map.

I have another quest though:)....please help me...
I want to freeze the players/teams the first minute of the game....(aka synchronische starts)....would that be a thing? is that is ot add in the script?

Greets,
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

I'm not knowledgeable enough to answer your questions but if you're still struggling to get a response here, try asking the same questions on our "zeus-dev" Discord channel here

Some of our community's more knowledgeable mission devs frequent our Discord more often than these forums so you are more likely to get a response. You can also try asking for help on Teamspeak.
erikiru

Post by erikiru »

thanks
erikiru

Post by erikiru »

Testing phase:
* JIP
* Mission Endings
* Multiplayer.
* FPS - possible lag thingies.
* Balancing
* Respawning (want, if can, respawn waves every so minutes)

Features still needed adding:
* locked spawn vehicles during safe start // unlock vehicles when safestart ends.
erikiru

Post by erikiru »