Starting Create Missions

Olympus

Starting Create Missions

Post by Olympus »

I have starting to create some Missions.
It is very very interesting.
Seems me not so difficult but spend a lot of time for each.
Will see !!!!
Wombat

Re: Starting Create Missions

Post by Wombat »

That's great to hear, we are always in need of more people contributing to mission making.

Just be sure to check out Ben's mission making guide here since it not only provides very usual info for beginners but also tells you what is expected in development and design so your missions meet the community standard.

If you get stuck or have any questions, feel free to ask for help either on the forums or on TS. Mission devs and other mission makers are happy to give advice more often than not.
Olympus

Post by Olympus »

My Mission is 50% (I think) ready.
All units placed and the name is NO PEACE UKRAINE
Map Podagorsk
Russian Nationalist(playable) vs UN Peacekeepers Forces.
I will try to make all Breifing now with Zeus Standars.
Also is there any guide for all Platforms and Weapons for Arma3 (including MODS) ?
Because sometimes I do not know what kind of antitank missiles use or what kind of grenades use.
Rodi

Post by Rodi »

regarding weapons:
Check the faction units for their equipment(including Static AT launchers). You might have to place down a unit, click on it to open the Virtual Arsenal and then check what they might use.
I recommend not changing AI loadouts in your first few missions, as it can be quite tedious.
Rip Inglisch
Olympus

Post by Olympus »

I have a lot of problems with triggers modules and Lodout scripts.I have two missions with all units ready and all text for Briefing and Tasks ready.But I can not manage to place the triggers and modules.
Is there somebody with very patience in order to it helps me?
Olympus

Post by Olympus »

I am reading the Zeus Community Guide to of how to make missionss. Could you please provide me the mission template to work with?
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Olympus wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:17 pm I am reading the Zeus Community Guide to of how to make missionss. Could you please provide me the mission template to work with?
Ben's guide doesn't have a template as far as I'm aware but you can check out 26k's template if you're interested.

Post by 2600K »

Olympus wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:17 pm I am reading the Zeus Community Guide to of how to make missionss. Could you please provide me the mission template to work with?
Upload your mission.sqm somewhere or put it to discord I can make a video or talk you through it on TS.
Olympus

Post by Olympus »

OK 26K I will try to catch you in TS .