my first mission: RiverBoa

erikiru

my first mission: RiverBoa

Post by erikiru »

Hello Zeus Community,

I've made my first mission called Riverboa (with armasync-pack). I still have a to do list (which i need some help) and I also want some feedback (balance, playability, rookie mistakes).

to do list:
- equipment (I do not have experience what medical supplies soldiers need)
- balancing (I think its unbalanced atm...but is that a problem?)
- weather conditions
- briefing.

please help me and post your feedback/ideas:)
Erik Bearkiller(guest)
Attachments
32pl-riverboa.prei_khmaoch_luong.rar
32pl-riverboa prei_khmaoch_luong
(52.34 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
Spud

Re: my first mission: RiverBoa

Post by Spud »

I would recommend reading Ben's Mission Making Guide : viewtopic.php?f=16&t=348
and watching a few of 26k's videos : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuFE5U ... ALKts5I00w

This will help with getting a basic understanding of how to make a simple mission.
erikiru

Post by erikiru »

Thanks, will do:)
Ender

Post by Ender »

Spud wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:43 pm I would recommend reading Ben's Mission Making Guide : viewtopic.php?f=16&t=348
and watching a few of 26k's videos : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuFE5U ... ALKts5I00w
I went into the mission and it looks beutiful. I think it's a good amount of contact and variation and in worst case scenario we are all going to die (which we love, nothing better then a fight). The set environment is good and the QRF's if they work properly are good. The weather actually fits well since it is still day with fog. I like the fog with the lake and makes things a little spooky/interesting. The briefing can be done with 26's framework (haven't read the briefing, make sure to mention anything for example mines, heavier weaponry, unit types or add a soldier who can deal with it.

But as Spud said, be sure to check the guides and videos out since sometimes when doing a mission completely vanilla, when played on server 2 everything goes wrong and not as it was when testing it. EG. Loadouts doesn't work, some scripts doesn't work, glitches and such. I recommend contacting someone to learn how to implement servers 2 framework to your mission, it is quite easy once one get the hang of it. I recommend seeing Jim.

Basically download the server 2 framework. Then put it in the "mission" with a .VR after it. Then load it in editor for additional feutures. Otherwize just drag the entire framework to your mission and you can do the briefing/loadouts from there, however if you got noone to help you, you can just seperately customize editor player arsenal. Make sure you find out how to remove the parameters weather conditions aswell if you want it to always be fog.

You can find the framework on the first page of this "ARMA3: Missions & Editing".

Looking forward to play it! :D
It is the challenge that makes one better, to push one's limit and actively look for things to do better- Ender
Jim

Post by Jim »

" I recommend seeing Jim." - More than willing to help - however I am terrified of Server2 and haven't even dipped my toe into those dark waters yet - I find getting a vanilla mission to work is tricky enough!!

Everyone hanging around in the Editing channels of the teamspeak are super helpful and usually more than willing to help answer a question or show you the right place to look for the answer.

Gimme a poke on TS sometime - I might not be around much next week as I have a big project on - building an Axe Throwing Arena in Leith if anyone fancies it!
Ender

Post by Ender »

haha no worries Jim. ;)
It is the challenge that makes one better, to push one's limit and actively look for things to do better- Ender
erikiru

Post by erikiru »

:D Ok, Now I've the BETA ready:)
I'll message Jim sometime
erikiru

Post by erikiru »

So yesterday (wednesday 21 feb 2018) my mission was played and got some feedback.
1. Try to use dynamic ai instead of static. (have to watch 26k videos for that)
2. Low FPS, especially during fights. (will decrease overall ai count)
3. Too many objectives - one objective was tried in over an hour ( will reduce to one objective)
4. Equipment players was not good for the mission. "We could have used LAT" (will add At/grenadier roles)
5. Boat didn't explode by charge planted on the pier. - it should have exploded during testing....(have to remedie that)
Planning to make V2 in two weeks. (In my hobby time:D)
Cobra.

Post by Cobra. »

Combine lowering the AI count and caching it. That will save even more FPS.
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey @Cobra! Please don't use bad words!
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey, sorry about this but... you got banned from Zeus by MEE6#4876 for 'Too many infractions..'

please do not swear on my christian youth server.
StRiKeR

Post by StRiKeR »

I would also recommend to randomize the position of the one boat so the mission will play differently each time.
You could add AI randomization too or at least look into it.
Once youve reduced AI numbers to something more performant you could look into adding VCOM AI as a script version (take a look into its configuration file) to make AI more reactive and intelligent.
I was the guy that tried to blow up the boat and I only had one small block of explosives left in my inventory. So that might not have been your fault. I dont recall being able to attach it actually. See if your ACE settings are configured correctly and/or required modules are placed. More demo equipment never hurts however. I would also test if attaching demo charges while swimming works fine cause that will be something people might consider in this mission.
If you add AT to the squads keep in mind that this opens up the possibility of simply sniping the boats from afar without ever getting into the grit of it. Have to consider if thats your intention. Alternatively you require them to get to the boat because they have to conduct some intricate data gathering-bla-bla to get around this. You'll figure it out. Good start for a first mission tho! Everyone goes a little over the top on their first ;) .