Civilian Presence module

Wombat

Civilian Presence module

Post by Wombat »

Documentation has now been released on the BI wiki for the relatively new "Civilian Presence" module which supposedly provides mission devs a new method of spawning and controlling civ AI in urban areas which results in more realistic civilian behaviour without performance issues.

It was a singleplayer only module at first release but the documentation now states that it should work for multiplayer scenarios as well now. I haven't tested it myself yet however, so it maybe a case of having to wait for a hotfix before it works in multiplayer despite what the documentation says.

Regardless, I thought it was worth making a thread on it since I believe this new module has the potential to improve our future community made missions which involve civilian occupied settlements.

Documentation on the module here
Folau

Re: Civilian Presence module

Post by Folau »

Saw that at work just now. Them claiming it works for multiplayer is an interesting development because it looked really handy when I was playing around with it a few weeks back.
Dmitry Yuri

Post by Dmitry Yuri »

Just had a look at the civilian presence module function and found this line at the top.

Code: Select all

if (isNull player || isMultiplayer) exitWith {};
if the player does not exist or we are in multiplayer then exit the function.

Not going to work in multiplayer at the moment.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Dmitry Yuri wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:33 pm Not going to work in multiplayer at the moment.
Ok, seems like I jumped the gun a little. Still it is confirmed that the module will eventually be compatible with multiplayer so we just have to wait until it's in the patch notes of an upcoming Arma update.
Dmitry Yuri

Post by Dmitry Yuri »

This system is now multiplayer compatible, works pretty well too.
Smolof

Post by Smolof »

If by "realistic" you mean running around like chickens with complete disregard to whats happening around them, then yeah definitly a great job.