How to get mission live?

Eagle-Eye

How to get mission live?

Post by Eagle-Eye »

Hey guys,

TLDR;
Simple question, as the topic title states: what's the procedure to follow to get a (first) mission on Main Server? If there is a difference between S1 and S2, how to proceed for each?

Update 1430Z: Thanks to CookieMonster, the mission is now listed on the Zeus Mission Manager (and probably in-game, but unable to check while PO4 runs), but not yet on the spreadsheet. It's also not yet assigned to me.

Those that do feel like reading:
About a month ago, I uploaded my first mission (ad 38 Bridge v01.VR.pbo) to Test Server 1, where it has been sitting idle ever since. I contacted a few admins in the past weeks, and 1 of them said they'd transfer the mission to the Main Server, but so far, it's still not showing up in any list (here, here or in-game), despite using the Mission Manager's "Add A Mission" in all possible formats (as suggested by an admin).

I went looking through the Docs again, and this one states:
Normal Pipeline
Mission is uploaded to the server (E² note: which server? Test or Main?), (Mission info can be added before this occurs if the filename is known which the mission dev will know) and then the system will automatically synchronise the two)

1) If user is mission dev, uses the “Add Mission” button to fill out additional info about the mission. If the filename they input and the one on the server match, the mission is auto-linked to their account and the additional data added.
2) If User is not a mission dev An admin should make the user a mission dev and from there the mission dev can follow the above steps.
3) If User is not going to have an account, all additional mission data should be set by an Admin and the Status changed manually from “Pending” to “New”

NOTE: Add Mission can be used before the mission is uploaded to the server. When the server detects that a mission has been added with the same filename as an Add Mission request it will then link up everything as normal.
The naming format is 100% correct according to the guidelines just above the part I quoted (but omitted because of length and relevance), so I'm guessing the reason it's not showing up, is because I'm not a Mission Dev yet (point 2)?

Is that the only part still preventing me from getting the mission live, or is there more to it?

Cheers,
Folau

Re: How to get mission live?

Post by Folau »

Related question - I've attempted to claim "co_25_Operation_Biting_v01" on S1 as mine however it's not actually coming up within my list. Any idea what that is about?
Snowman

Re: How to get mission live?

Post by Snowman »

For initial questions on the new mission management system, the go to person for the time being is Terox. I am sure we will get a proper Q&A section up for it on the forum soon.

Also, this new system is going to hopefully replace the current spreadsheet which will eliminate many errors and lack of consistency.

The policy for uploading missions from test to production (having ensured you followed all the mission dev & testing guidelines) is currently one of asking an admin to move it for you. ANY ADMIN can move the files across but it is your responsibility to ensure it is tested properly and all checkboxes ticked. We will fill in the spreadsheet info in the meantime before we move to the new system proper.

Snowman.