Mission Template for Server #1 and #2

Mission Template for Server #1 and #2

Post by 2600K »

Custom F3 Template for Server #1/#2
Does everything you don't want to (and maybe stuff you do, but shouldn't).

Based on the well-documented F3 Framework http://ferstaberinde.com/f3/en/

Default mission parameters can be set as 'intended' by the author for game nights etc. Those parameters then be changed to alter realism/difficulty making it practical for non-gamenights, low players etc.

DOWNLOAD
https://github.com/LISTINGS09/Zeus_Template

FEATURES (Wow!)
Configurable Parameters
* x lives, wave respawn to vanilla spectator cam enable respawn for non-GN.
* JIPs may teleport to their team, or not.
* Group markers display onmap/ingame.
* 3rd person settings (now working!).
* Param-based ACE Medical options.
* ACE settings preconfigured (pointing etc)

Enhanced Briefing
* Entire teams Load-out is shown, gear selection.
* Radio Signal/Channel detail auto created and grouped.
* Administration tab with missions settings auto created (details ACE level etc).
* Zeus access for author

And More
* Less messing around at the starting meaning;
* TFR/ACRE LR/SR Frequencies already setup in-game and auto-set to channel.
* Earplugs already inserted on start, or available in vanilla.
* All vehicles contain ACE Medical supplies.
* Random selection of mission weather/time.
* Easily adjustable gear templates for the main A3 factions.
* DAC, UPSMON, FillHouse AI pre-configured for new factions, examples provided in editor.

FRAMEWORK FOLDERS
'f' - This contains all the framework functions. You should rarely need to change anything in here - Anything variable is changed in the 'mission' folder.
'mission' - Outside of the editor and the init.sqf these files are designed to be tailored to your specific mission, details further below.
'scripts' - Third party mission scripts are included here. 'DAC' and 'UPSMON' and a modified 'FillHouse' script are all pre-configured to include our current factions. Smolof's bunker script and an edited convoy script are also included.

THE 'MISSION' FOLDER
This folder contains reference files used in the framework that will change from mission to mission - They should be edited, never removed.

Filenames should be fairly intuitive, the most flexible is 'scripts.sqf' which basically allows you access to the 'init.sqf' - So you can put custom code here.

The main reason for this structure is to allow authors to quickly update the framework, without having to worry about accidentally overwriting their changed mission files - To update the framework, you just replace the 'f' folder, no re-editing/re-checking all the files or worrying you overwrote something you'd changed.

TESTING YOUR MISSION
In single-player most of the debug options will default to on to save you messing about with parameters. In multiplayer, when logged in as Admin you can use the parameters to enable the debug mode (option also from within the F3 Admin menu).

A script will run at the beginning of the mission warning you of any minor issues with triggers or tasking modules, as well as a count of units.

You will have access to the 'F3 Admin menu' which will allow you to become Zeus and check the mission out, also the BIS camera can be used from the radio, as I briefly show in my S1 template video.

A WORD FROM OUR SPONSORS BEFORE YOU START...

DAC and UPSMON
Both DAC and UPSMON are now disabled by default. Change the lines in 'script.hpp' to enable them.

PLAYER LOADOUTS
The inbuilt F3 gear function is reliable and hooked into the framework to report any gear issues in your mission, these can now be disabled in the mission parameters, but please consider learning it's use... It really isn't too hard and is faster than copy/pasting each individual units load-outs in the long run.

WHAT MORE CAN I DO?
Either leave feedback for any issues found - or anything you would like to see added like extra parameters etc. Using it would be nice too. If I see a GN mission with the DAC debug info popping up I won't be pleased...

VIEWING THE FILES
Any text editor will do, but if you're going to edit more than one line you already know about the following...

Notepad++ - https://notepad-plus-plus.org/
Notepad++ SQF Syntax Plugin - https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/13889 ... hlighting/
Last edited by 2600K on Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Tom

Re: Template for Server #2

Post by Tom »

Thx 26

Nice template with everything as it should be.
Started making a mission over the weekend, will let you know if i come accros anything.

Tom
Tipsi

Post by Tipsi »

Hi 26k,

Where is the DL link?

Post by 2600K »

Old version 'Zeus_SVR2_Template.VR.v1.3.2D.Editor.zip' can be found in the EDITING TS file repo.

Eden missions currently have multiple issues affecting MP (triggers/JIP/sync). No main update until BIS release the hotfix patch, due soon.

Post by 2600K »

V1.4

Wow! New version. Get it from the Editing Repo in TS (Zeus_SVR2_Template.VR.v1.4.zip).

Headless Client support is now fully integrated ('setOwner' isn't working, BIS issue?) so the HCs never do anything, however. Should be golden when this is resolved.

ACRE support is now included, it's all pre-done and provides the required radios after the main gear has completed.

Updating
The process should be relatively easy, but backup all files into a different folder, in case.

1. Delete your 'f' folder and replace with the new 'f' from this update.
2. In 'mission':
* 'tfar.hpp' is gone and now known as 'radios.hpp'. Copy this into the folder.
* 'params.hpp' added a section on 'Headless Client', replace your file and re-set your params.
3. Replace ALL BUT 'mission.sqm' (that's your mission!) in the main directory - You should be using 'mission\scripts.hpp' instead of editing the init.sqf directly, otherwise you'll need to redo it in the new files.

New/Changed Stuff
- HC Script
- ACRE Support
- Added steerable parachute to HALO.
- Gear tidy function removes superfluous NVGs etc in daytime missions for random times.
- Core faction gear rewritten to allow player selections, non-vanilla kit all updated to allow this.
- Significant changes to 'init.sqf' to allow more flexibility and consistency (again).
- FAQ RPG sights corrected and ACE Adv Medical guide added.
- Expanded ACE default parameters for NV, Captives, Medical.
- Added Stubborn AI Crew as default.
- Engineer ACE tools added to core kit.
- Info to player less verbose in few places.
- Fixed bug in ACE vehicle converter.
- Mission Parameters now default to define ACE Medical values (authors no longer have to add modules).
- Mission issues now logged in briefing when debug function is running.
Smolof's Bunker Script now included.
- Readded F3 Travel Script and moved to ACE Menu.
- Casualty scripts moved to mission-specific scripts.hpp.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Whats the bunker script?
Any info on it?

Post by 2600K »

Tom wrote:Whats the bunker script?
Any info on it?
Details are in the script, but in summary it does exactly as implied;
Spawns a MG/GL Bunker at the given location. Can sync the unit with markers for some decent random placement.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Sweet
Tom

Post by Tom »

Hi 26k,

I'm have a question about the DAC in the template.
I have marker set to 0 in the config_generator, debug mode is off, but when i test the mission it still shows all the AI positions on the map.

Any toughts?

Edit: on the test server it doesn't show, that's pretty cool :)
Tipsi

Post by Tipsi »

26k, If you get the chance could you help me update one of my missions so it uses the latest template. I have followed your steps and tried my best to re-insert my changes without breaking anything but it's turned into a bit of "Code Jenga".

Post by 2600K »

Tom wrote:On the test server it doesn't show, that's pretty cool :)
Yeah - the Framework version of DAC in has markers configured depending on the Debug Mission Parameter - Debug is enabled by default in SP to help testing, as you noted in MP it's disabled by default unless you check it on via the parameters.
Tipsi wrote:I have followed your steps and tried my best to re-insert my changes without breaking anything but it's turned into a bit of "Code Jenga".
No problem, please put the mission somewhere so I can take a look at it first and we'll catch eachother on TS sometime.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Thanks for clearing that up :)
Tom

Post by Tom »

Hi 26K,

Having an issue with respawn... Units respawn with vanilla kit, even tho they start the mission in custom kit.

Any toughts? I tried debugging it, but failed.

Post by 2600K »

Add the required kit into the F3 gear script and units will respawn automatically with their assigned kits.

https://youtu.be/Wdd-kYoR6TQ

If you're not using the F3 gear, then you'll have to put your call gear code into onPlayerRespawn.sqf
Tom

Post by Tom »

Thats what i used yeah...
Must have been another script that i implemented that botched it up...