Mission Template for Server #1 and #2

Re: Template for Server #2

Post by 2600K »

If you're not getting anywhere, upload the mission somewhere and I'll take a look.
Bill

Post by Bill »

Oh mighty 2600K, I am playing around with the template trying to make something but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get DAC running, I have done it in the past when playing around in the template but cant remember how.

Edit: Ignore this i'm a blind idiot.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Hi 26K, I'm having issues with the loadouts...

I'm using the assignedloadouts.sqf, but it crashes the game immediately (even with the default text in there).
Do I need to do something more?

if (_side == "west") then {
#include "f_loadout_usm_bdu_d.sqf";
};

edit: DERP, found it...

Post by 2600K »

Yeah arma hates having referenced files that don't exist :)

Ensure the gear script you want to use is next to it in the same folder or double check the filename is typed exactly as it appears and you'll be set.
Spud

Post by Spud »

IGNORE

I have been using the template for a while now and i have come across an issue that hasn't occurred before.

Everything works as planned on local but when it is on the test server i am unable to open the inventory or get in vehicles. For the first 15 Seconds at the start of the mission everything works fine but after this time when you try to open the inventory it opens for 0.1 seconds and then closes. When trying to get in a vehicle it does the animation of getting in and when the animation finishes it kicks you out.

I have already tried disabling safe start and making sure the vehicles are unlocked. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Smolof

Post by Smolof »

@Admin: Can we put the 2 template threads into the Stickys so its easier to find please?

Considering the amount of people using it and us encouraging them to do so, i think it would be helpful.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Smolof wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:05 am @Admin: Can we put the 2 template threads into the Stickys so its easier to find please?

Considering the amount of people using it and us encouraging them to do so, i think it would be helpful.
Regular game admins don't currently have the correct permissions to sticky a thread but it's done now for this thread (thanks to Stealthy) since you're right in that this thread is a very useful resource for the community.

There was a sister thread to this one for the server#1 template but somehow it has been lost so I've kindly asked 26k if he could edit this one to include it or create another thread dedicated to the server#1 template.
Jim

Re: Mission Template for Server #1 and #2

Post by Jim »

Probably one for 2600K - but anyone is welcome to chime in with tips:

Trying to get my file sizes down. I notice that a lot of your missions are lovely 600KB instead of hulking 2MB.

There's stuff like the GEAR folder and DAC folder (if not being used) that i know I can safely delete. Then there's bits like the unused briefing_.sqf files that i cannot delete without a mission breaking.

Do you have a handy list of must retain parts of the template eg: F folder and bits that can probably be deleted without total fail so long as they are not explicitly being called.

In the past I've tried deleting UPS and LV when I'm pretty sure I haven't used them - but I get error messages :(

It would be nice to be able to optimise where possible instead of filling everyone's MPMissionCache folder with MB of unnecessary data

Thanks

Jim

Post by 2600K »

The stuff that can be deleted is all contained in the scripts folder, DAC and UPS are both fairly large.

Arma doesn't support checking if a file exists or not before loading it so anything in the 'f' or 'mission' folder, must be edited only, not deleted.

RE error messages - Open your mission.sqm in a text editor and search for '.sqf' to see if any object has a reference to ups or LV in its init, or check your scripts.sqf to make sure you've not referenced UPSMON there - It is disabled by default though, so its most likely crept into a unit init somewhere.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Thanks dude - will have a good look - Have a happy new year!
MURRAY122

Post by MURRAY122 »

Quick Question,

Looking to use the "Sector" module while using the Server 1 Temp. Appears its not compatible or i might be doing something wrong. No error warnings appear while using it so its tricky to see what is causing the issue.

I have tested the Sector module without the temp and all works fine.

The issue itself is that... when you go to test the mission, You are taken to the lobby screen. You can slot up. Then it gets stuck on the loading screen before the mission briefing. Only way out is to alt-tab and end task. I have checked the normal stuff such as the Init, Desc files etc... and all looks ok..

Any ideas?
LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

Hey 26K,
what do i put in the Loadout.sqf to enforce a specific loadout? for Example : Squad leaders.
Always Have A Zeus Mission...
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

If this is what I think it's for blackfire then you can assign different weapons and gear for specific units in the latter section of the loadout, this is an example from my US airbourne loadout:
// LOADOUT: COMMANDER
case "co":
{
["smg"] call _backpack; // Loads the SMG backpack instead of the grenadier one
_unit addHeadGear "H_LIB_US_AB_Helmet_CO_1"; // Equips the Officer helmet, overrides the base uniform
_unit forceAddUniform "U_LIB_USA_NCO_InfM41VgPmCptM1Car"; // Equips the Officer uniform, overrides the base uniform
_unit setUnitTrait ["engineer",1]; // Sets unit as engineer,
_unit addMagazines [_smgmag,_defMags]; // Gives unit SMG ammunition
[_unit, _smg] call f_fnc_addWeapon; // Gives unit SMG instead of rifleGL which is the base for 26k's
_unit addMagazines [_grenade,1]; //
_unit addMagazines [_smokegrenade,1]; // Grenades
_unit addMagazines [_smokegrenadealt,1]; //
[_unit, _binos2] call f_fnc_addWeapon; // Equips Binos
_unit addItem "ACE_Flashlight_MX991"; // Equips red map flashlight for officers and NCOs
_attachments = _attach_co; // Superfluous code for weapon attachments, there are none for CO
};
LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

couldn't find the updated template 26k
Always Have A Zeus Mission...
Jim

Post by Jim »

The forums are looking rather dusty and I still haven't figured out how discord works so I'm here!

First question is how does one summon the venerable 2600K these days?!

I'm making a TVT version of Hotel Juliet because a human convoy might be easier to control than an AI version!

The briefing section of the framework has changed somewhat from the old days - gone is the file structure, now a single document with the following.

Code: Select all

// Edit the if statement for different faction briefs.

if (side group player != CIVILIAN) then {

I've tried != BLUFOR and != OPFOR and != WEST and != EAST but to no avail. 

Code: Select all

// F3 - Briefing - Credits: Please see the F3 online manual http://www.ferstaberinde.com/f3/en/
// <marker name='XXX'>XXX</marker>
// Green #80FF00
// Orange #FF7F00
// Blue #00FFFF

if (isNil "f_param_CasualtiesCap") then { f_param_CasualtiesCap = 100 }; // Set CasCap if author did not.

// The code below creates the administration sub-section of notes.
_adm = player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", ["Administration",[] call f_fnc_fillAdministration]];

// Edit the if statement for different faction briefs.

if (side group player != WEST) then {
	// The code below creates the execution sub-section of notes.
	_exe = player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", ["Mission",format["
	<br/><font size='18' color='#80FF00'>OBJECTIVES</font>
	<br/>*** Ambush the convoy, steal the device and return it to point Quebec. ***
	<br/>
	<br/>We understand that CSAT are transporting a device from the docks in Le Port to the Airport , Oscar. They will be travelling along the marked MSR and departing as quickly as they can get themselves organised.
	<br/>
	<br/>CSAT QRFs are stationed at the airport and have a two minute alert response. 
	<br/>
	<br/>%1 <!--- Casualties Cap --->
	<br/><font size='18' color='#80FF00'>SPECIAL TASKS</font>
	<br/>*** Consider your ambush point carefully. ***
	<br/>
	<br/>Closer to Golf means you have less time to get set up, closer to Lima means the QRF will be on you sooner. 
	<br/>
	<br/><font size='18' color='#80FF00'>FRIENDLY FORCES</font>
	<br/>*** You have no reinforcements. ***
	<br/>
	<br/>Your brave fighters assembled here today is all you have.
	<br/>Your IFV is a museum piece from the war in 1994 and has limited ammo.
	<br/>Your recon units have randomised start locations for security purposes.
	<br/>At your start location is a repair truck and fuel bowser - potentially useful to get a damaged transport back to rolling a condition.
	<br/>Alpha and Bravo have a selection of armed and unarmed offroads with which to make it to their ambush location.
	<br/>
	<br/><font size='18' color='#80FF00'>GAME PLAY NOTES FROM THE MISSION MAKER</font>
	<br/>Titan missiles have been removed from both teams IFVs.
	<br/>Do you want a gentlemans agreement regarding time for BLUFOR to get set up? I doubt OPFOR do - but it might be worth asking in Global?
	<br/>There are a few extra slots on the QRF roster for disgruntalled guerillas to join the winning(?) team. - decide now if you want this to happen.
	<br/>
	<br/>
	<br/><font size='18' color='#80FF00'>ENEMY FORCES</font>
	<br/>Expect some sentries along the MSR.
	<br/>Hopefully you were paying attention during slotting up
	<br/>
	<br/><font size='18' color='#80FF00'>CREDITS</font>
	<br/>Created by <font color='#FF0080'>Jim</font color>
	<br/>
	<br/>A custom-made mission for ArmA 3 and Zeus Community
	<br/>http://zeus-community.net/
	<br/>",
	if (f_param_CasualtiesCap > 0) then { format["Ensure casualties are kept below %1 and %1&#37; of your force is not incapacitated.<br/>", f_param_CasualtiesCap] } else { "" },
	(((vehicles select { side _x getFriend side group player < 0.6 && !(_x isKindOf "staticWeapon" || _x isKindOf "static") && count crew _x > 0}) apply {  getText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf _x >> "displayName") }) call BIS_fnc_consolidateArray) apply { format["%2x <font color='#00FFFF'>%1</font><br/>", _x#0, _x#1] } joinString "",
	format["%1x <font color='#00FFFF'>Infantry Groups</font><br/>", { side _x getFriend side group player < 0.6 && count units _x >= 3 && vehicle leader _x == leader _x} count allGroups]
	]]];
}; 
// JA I added this closing bracket above - seemed like the right thing to do - might be a reason its not working as well...
if (side group player != EAST) then {
	// The code below creates the execution sub-section of notes.
	_exe = player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", ["Mission",format["
	<br/><font size='18' color='#80FF00'>OBJECTIVES</font>
	<br/>*** Transport the final device along the MSR passing through GOLF, HOTEL, INDIA, JULIET, KILO and LIMA into the dome at OSCAR . ***
	<br/>
	<br/>%1 <!--- Casualties Cap --->
	<br/><font size='18' color='#80FF00'>SPECIAL TASKS</font>
	<br/>The CO and 2IC could use a civilian car to blend into normal traffic and scout ahead for any bandits on the road.
	<br/>CO should ask for a volunteer and then designate a driver for the device.
	<br/>
	<br/>Due to a limited number of recruits currently on Malden our QRF is limited to clones of fallen soldiers. Upon death JIP back in as your previous role but with a QRF prefix. IFVs - choose speed or fire power. 
	<br/>
	<br/>You could thunder run this like a solo lone wolfer or you could RP it a little and conduct a secure movement of precious cargo through hostile territory. Remember you get a second chance to win with the QRF (and I've heard that the BLUFOR CO isn't very organised anyway...) 
	<br/>
	<br/><font size='18' color='#80FF00'>FRIENDLY FORCES</font>
	<br/>There are some friendly AI sentries along the MSR to act as speed humps for BLUFOR.
	<br/>You have 3 x Tempest trucks (1 of which is carrying the device under a canopy).
	<br/>1 x Ifrit GMG, 1 x Ifrit HMG
	<br/>2 x BTR Kamysh
	<br/>
	<br/>
	<br/><font size='18' color='#80FF00'>GAME PLAY NOTES FROM THE MISSION MAKER</font>
	<br/>Titan missiles have been removed from both teams IFVs.
	<br/>Do you want a gentlemans agreement regarding time for BLUFOR to get set up? I doubt OPFOR do - but it might be worth asking in Global?
	<br/>There are a few extra slots on the QRF roster for disgruntalled guerillas to join the winning(?) team. - decide now if you want this to happen.
	<br/>
	<br/><font size='18' color='#80FF00'>ENEMY FORCES</font>
	<br/>They mostly have relics and museum pieces from the invasion in 1994. 
	<br/>%2%3
	<br/>
	<br/><font size='18' color='#80FF00'>CREDITS</font>
	<br/>Created by <font color='#FF0080'>Jim</font color>
	<br/>
	<br/>A custom-made mission for ArmA 3 and Zeus Community
	<br/>http://zeus-community.net/
	<br/>",
	if (f_param_CasualtiesCap > 0) then { format["Ensure casualties are kept below %1 and %1&#37; of your force is not incapacitated.<br/>", f_param_CasualtiesCap] } else { "" },
	(((vehicles select { side _x getFriend side group player < 0.6 && !(_x isKindOf "staticWeapon" || _x isKindOf "static") && count crew _x > 0}) apply {  getText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf _x >> "displayName") }) call BIS_fnc_consolidateArray) apply { format["%2x <font color='#00FFFF'>%1</font><br/>", _x#0, _x#1] } joinString "",
	format["%1x <font color='#00FFFF'>Infantry Groups</font><br/>", { side _x getFriend side group player < 0.6 && count units _x >= 3 && vehicle leader _x == leader _x} count allGroups]
	]]];
};