When should be a Trigger be "Server Only"?

Folau

When should be a Trigger be "Server Only"?

Post by Folau »

Related to my other question: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=838

So I went back and redid this mission, changing around how the intel gathering works. Checked it single player with no issues, put in on the server and while the intel trigger was fixed (as suggested in the other thread) suddenly the end mission function wasn't working. Boo!

As before the trigger itself that has the end1 call fired because other related events occurred, but the mission was in an odd state (invincible units etc). It had kind of ended without doing the cinematic ending/debrief screen. The ending wasn't a problem because I could use the admin functions to force it to occur.

I played around with making this trigger server only or not, with no effect. Went back to a previous trigger that was part of the flow which WAS server only, turned that off, and suddenly the end trigger worked - the mission completed as usual. This previous trigger was three "!alive X &&" statements that for whatever reason taking off the server fixed the final trigger that has a triggerActivated in its condition field.

This leads to my fundamental question - why should certain triggers be server only, what difference does it make in execution, and when should I leave them to be executed individually?

Re: When should be a Trigger be "Server Only"?

Post by 2600K »

Use BIS_fnc_endMissionServer, not BIS_fnc_endMission.

The answer to your question depends on locality and what you are trying to achieve.

http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-t ... -locality/
Folau

Re: When should be a Trigger be "Server Only"?

Post by Folau »

Great link there 2600K, and I'll check exactly how I've been calling my end functions.