PSA AT4's VS BTR/BMP

Any Topics related to the No.2 Server
[Ben]

PSA AT4's VS BTR/BMP

Post by [Ben] »

Hi,

I have had a brief discussion on the BI forums with Reyhard about our experiences with AT4's not doing shit all to BTR/BMP vehicles. I have also independently tested this with RHS dev branch and was able to reproduce what we are experiencing on the server. Meaning it is for once not ACE causing issues.

Reyhard has confirmed that there are instances where "HEATs rounds are penetrating BTRs/BMPs but since there is nothing explosive behind that armor, they are not exploding. Usually crew & equipment inside should be destroyed although I've noticed that turret/gun hit registration inside is sometimes not working as intended."

He is planning on tweaking this as well as adding "none explosive destruction" to these vehicles. But obviously things like that take time.

In the meantime, the most success i had in testing was using HP variants of the AT4 and going for crew kills. Front and side hits to the crew area of a BTR for me was reliable in killing crew. Other than that, we are just going to have to deal with it.

Thanks,

Ben
You couldn't script your way out of a cardboard box.