Addon Familiarisation Session

Any Topics related to the No.2 Server
StRiKeR

Addon Familiarisation Session

Post by StRiKeR »

So after we now have ACRE manifested in the addon pack I finished up the Familiarisation Session for Server #2.

This is a mission that provides you with a structured environment to learn about the technicalities of the Server addons, how to you use and customize them, as well as to achieve a basic level of familiarity with them. It does not deal with rules, advanced SOPs and the like. It does not deal with advanced topics like vehicle warfare, and other more complex topics. We have special sessions for those. The goal is that a trainee can become a functional member of a basic team after this session and can carry his own weight. Depending on how slow you want to take it, I reckon the session may last from 45 min up to an 1h30 min

The mission is structured as a workshop with multiple stations, each briefly dealing with a particular topic. It currently features 6 trainee slots and 2 instructor slots. The point is that anyone with enough experience on Server #2 can run his pal or anyone else interested through this course to get him up to speed on the Addons in use. Therefore the mission is accompanied by an Instructor Guidance Document that allows the Instructor to structure his walkthrough in accordance with the mission layout. As the document already states, it is very much encouraged to add individual wisdom and experience to your instructions and explanations. The most important point is that trainees actually get to virtually "touch" everything at least once and use it. "Hands on" is the keyword.

Again, this mission and the document are there to run anybody who wants to join Server #2 efficiently through the topic and get him up to speed. Anyone able to speak English and feeling experienced enough with the topic is able to launch the session up with his buddies and become the instructor. It can also be used as a refresher for perhaps more niche functions that rarely get used.

DOCUMENT

The mission currently sits on both Server #2 and Server #2 Test as ZeuAFS v1 on Utes.

This is the first version and draft so to say and may be a little rough. If you find any bugs, rough edges or other stuff to report or add then chuck it in here or talk to me on teamspeak.
This should be a good step into getting new people integrated more effectively.

Enjoy.
Folau

Re: Addon Familiarisation Session

Post by Folau »

Tried coming on to Server 2 yesterday but had issues with Acre not syncing up with TS properly. If anyone is around at some point this weekend when the server is quiet would be useful to get some help with it (and anything else that may catch me out based on a first time).
Tom

Post by Tom »

Folau wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:47 pm Tried coming on to Server 2 yesterday but had issues with Acre not syncing up with TS properly. If anyone is around at some point this weekend when the server is quiet would be useful to get some help with it (and anything else that may catch me out based on a first time).
It's a ball ache i've had a couple of times as well
Make sure you are running both programs as admin, do a dry run in the editor before you get online.

If it still doesn't work, find admins :)
kMaN

Post by kMaN »

Awesome work Striker!!
Hoping that I get out of the UAE soon and to a better time zone country so I can join more Zeus Gaming Nights! :D