Arma3sync Autoconfig Error

Any Topics related to the No.2 Server
Lionheart

Arma3sync Autoconfig Error

Post by Lionheart »

OK

What file? Which file??

I have tried everything from my end short of formatting the computer as i read that it doesn't solve the issue.
Any help would be appreciated. Had this problem for almost a year now, that's why i haven't been able to join server 2.
Last edited by Lionheart on Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smolof

Re: Arma3sync Autoconfig Error

Post by Smolof »

if you had this issue for almost a year now. it could be possible that you are not on the correct repo anymore.

This is what your repo settings should look like. To get those up click on the repo and then on the yellow pencil button on the right.
Lionheart

Post by Lionheart »

Looks correct..

But on this note, i did request from one of the admins (possibly a guy named Ben) to perhaps maybe change the repo in hopes that it would make it work.
He said he had to ask T for that when he was free, which is fair enough.. When i did remind him 2 weeks later he got angry at me and asked not to keep reminding him, so i reminded him again 2 weeks after that and he gave me a lecture about how he will do what he says he will do blablabla, now i don't see him anymore..?
Smolof

Post by Smolof »

Try a different version of Arma3Sync:

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sy ... 1-6-92.zip

If that doesnt work, you might wanne try to uninstall all of your current Java Versions usually located in both of your "Program Files" folders depending on the architecture. Then get the newest Java 8 x64 version and install that.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ ... 33155.html (Windows x64 Offline)

And the file its refering to that cant be opened, is the file it saves the repo information in.

Might also be a files access permission issue, so make sure you start Arma3Sync as an admin.
Lionheart

Post by Lionheart »

^ Did all that, same results.
Smolof

Post by Smolof »

Well that's not cool.

Just to make sure:
1. You have added a new Repository after you reinstalled Java.
2. You also did not just override your old Arma3Sync with the one i sent you.

Could you pls use the "ArmA3Sync-DEBUG.exe" to start Arma Sync and post the stuff that gets printed out there.
Lionheart

Post by Lionheart »

No sir it's not cool at all but i've kept my cool.. And yes the debug, been there done that

The file is corrupted, and i can't get rid of it. I really can't format this hard drive, i just wish a new one can be created just for me :P
Smolof

Post by Smolof »

The file it cant open is called "sync" and is located on the repository. No idea why it does not work for you but probably almost everyone else.
The reasons i could think of are:
1) The GZIP version is different than the one on the server. (unlikely since its the same Arma3Sync Version we all use and java hasnt changed this for ages)
2) The downloaded file is somehow corrupted. I know the file is downloaded on your end, but somehow there might be content missing that is blocked/deleted by an anti malware app. (So please disable every possible firewall/malware app you use)

To further check if the Error is on your end, pls try and connect to this repo:

Protocol: Http
Host or Url: http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/a3s-repository
Port: 80
Check anonymous

This is the repo from the creators of Arma3Sync and should definitly work.
Lionheart

Post by Lionheart »

1) Regardless of which end the problem exists on, i have run out of options.
2) The firewall/malware trick i've tried numerous times, same results. Defragmenting hard drives didn't work either, neither was switch paths of arma3 or arma3sync.

The Sonsofexiled repo worked just fine as would any other repo. It is only the zeus repo that doesn't work for me because it's somehow stuck to one path that is corrupt. So my suggestion of making a separate repo (yet the same) makes sense, however i do not know the cost and effort for such a thing. Also, an option for direct download means i don't have to use arma3sync and can get on the server. I've casually made such requests before but since i'm the only one with the problem they got swatted away.

I did mention that i have been on and off actively trying to solve this issue for the past year and even though you're repeating what i've been through already, i really appreciate your help.

Is there anything i can do on this page perhaps?
Smolof

Post by Smolof »

No this is for the admin of the repo i believe.

But I've noticed that you only posted a fraction of the debug output. Could you please start with the debug.exe again and send the whole output in "<code>" tags please. I have the sourcecode now and can actually check where and hopefully why it throws those exceptions.
Lionheart

Post by Lionheart »

Here's all of it