Taunus Testing Interest

Anything related to Addons on the No.2 Server. Please contact Ben or Rory for more information on Addons.
Tom

Re: Taunus Testing Interest

Post by Tom »

What are you thinking of ditching in favour of this?
[Ben]

Post by [Ben] »

Not sure yet, will only get to that point if it is viable performance wise.
You couldn't script your way out of a cardboard box.
Neildmac

Post by Neildmac »

+1
IceBreakerMM

Post by IceBreakerMM »

If I may join as well, I will...the only requirements are standard No. 2 add-ons + X-Cam-Taunus?
“If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life.”

- Igor Sikorsky
[Ben]

Post by [Ben] »

Yes. No 2 + Taunus.
Kickboxing_Bnana

Post by Kickboxing_Bnana »

Anything you could draw from the testing or do we need a bigger gamenight test ?
"I am BnanaMan. Ever alert for the call to action!"
[Ben]

Post by [Ben] »

Uhmmm, not 100% sure. It went better than expected, no memory leaks from anyone. Some people with low end PC's had the lowest of like 10 FPS which i would consider unplayable. But majority of people had playable FPS.

Tough choice.
[Ben]

Post by [Ben] »

Update:

For those wondering what became of this, we found that the play-ability of Tanaus has improved dramatically for all ranges of PC specs that players in zeus have.

Coming with the Laws of War DLC are some nicely packaged modules that involve manipulating and hiding terrain objects, this effectively removes them from the map and more importantly their performance impact for clients. This can make maps like Tanaus more viable, as large areas of the map that are not being used in the mission can be hidden and therefor not having an impact on the client.

The stability of these modules and JIP functionality is yet to be determined, so i will likely run another test session after the DLC comes out in September to determine if these functions can solve performance problems for us. If they do, they will most likely come standard practice in all missions regardless of terrain, more FPS is better for everyone.

Regards,
Ben