ACRE Changeover

Anything related to Addons on the No.2 Server. Please contact Ben or Rory for more information on Addons.
[Ben]

ACRE Changeover

Post by [Ben] »

Okay, as outlined in the community meeting Server 2 will be changing from TFAR to ACRE 2.

The date for this change over is Monday the 17th of July.

This allows a month for missions already on the server to be updated by their authors to be compatible with ACRE. Documentation for converting a mission from TFAR to ACRE has been written, the process is surprisingly painless and fairly quick instructions can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/165- ... sp=sharing

As some of you may be able to imagine, both the spreadsheet and the test server FTP will get very messy with all of these missions being marked as updated and new PBO's being uploaded. So in light of that, the week before the changeover the test server FTP will be cleaned out. Missions that are updated for ACRE should adopt an "A" as part of the version number. E.G: co@ 50 Burning Man V3A.Napf.pbo. Additionally instead of having every mission on the mission sheet marked as "Updated" change the version number on the sheet to match the PBO. This way when we play old missions, if it has a "A" after the version we will know quickly if it will play or not. If you are making a new mission from scratch then follow the normal versioning scheme.

There is a guideline i am setting for certain parameters though, in regards to ACRE difficulty. The server will be configured to run certain default settings, some of which i would be happy for mission makers to overwrite to make different/challenging gameplay, some i would insist on remaining as they are set on the server because they often cause breaks in gameplay.

Model Interference = True - Creates static on the radio when receiving multiple signals at once. (Over-writable)
Full Duplex Radios = True - Allows for radios to send and receive multiple signals. (Over-writable)
Ignore Antenna Direction = True - Ignores the need for antenna to be aligned in order to receive signals. (Mandatory)
Terrain Loss Coefficient = 0.75 - Higher values mean terrain intercepts signals more. (Over-writable)
AI Voice Detection = True - AI will react to players voices. (Over-writable)

ACRE will not be made available in the Arma3Sync until the changeover date to avoid confusion. However it is assumed that mission devs will be capable of downloading the latest stable version of ACRE themselves and set up a new shortcut to edit their missions on. Once it is live in the ArmA3Sync however there are installation instructions in the central information repository, that assuming players read it thoroughly should help everyone smoothly install ACRE.

I believe i have covered everything, though any questions can be posted below.

Regards,
Ben.
You couldn't script your way out of a cardboard box.

Re: ACRE Changeover

Post by 2600K »

Why not start from blank regarding the missions and spreadsheet... All missions re-uploaded back to v1?

Let people copy/paste from an old spreadsheet if needed and zip the old missions somewhere else. Don't get why we'd want to keep missions on the server that aren't compatible with acre or may *never* be updated?
[Ben]

Post by [Ben] »

This may not be the worst idea. However, with the eventual implementation of the new mission sheet/feedback system being worked on by terox, that may not be viable. But i will take it into consideration and update this thread if changes are to be made.
LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

Nice, But i have a small problem..

When TFAR get removed, there will be no more "Radio Backpack" and i find it Kind off ruining the immersion to put a LR radio in a normal backpack and call it "LR Backpack" ..

I know it's a first world problem, but .. "LR Radio Backpacks" man, they look sick :(

-Black-Fire
Always Have A Zeus Mission...
Kickboxing_Bnana

Post by Kickboxing_Bnana »

ACRE has a radio backpack i belive
"I am BnanaMan. Ever alert for the call to action!"
LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

yeah i know, thats why i'm a bit sad
Always Have A Zeus Mission...
Tom

Post by Tom »

The difference being having a backpack or having a backpack with an antenna sticking out.;) if that's the only thing you'll be fine.

The only downside I see is also the upside for me. That's complexity... first nights will kick out asses, but the complexity will also add joy.
[Ben]

Post by [Ben] »

Update

The test server FTP has now been purged, allowing for updated missions for ACRE to be uploaded.

Please use the convention stated in the original post.

Regards,
Ben.
Tom

Post by Tom »

With regards to the changeover:

Acre seems to be much simpler for the general rifleman, ie: he gets a basic radio, or he doesn't.
All the other radio's seem less interesting for a general rifleman. But for the more complex orbats it seems to me that some structure could help us out a lot...

Code: Select all

Radio Name	Radio Classname	   Strength	      City Range	      Perfect Range
AN/PRC-343	ACRE_PRC343	         100mW	       400m	              850m
AN/PRC-148	ACRE_PRC148	         5W	        3-5km	              5-7km
AN/PRC-152(c)	ACRE_PRC152	         5W	        3-5km	              5-7km
AN/PRC-117F	ACRE_PRC117F	         20W	       10-20km	              Horizon
AN/PRC-77	ACRE_PRC77	         4W	       1-3km	              3-5km

Secondly,
Are we providing a "class" or "training" mission to get used to and learn the new features of Acre? Do we have people that have used all radio's in certain types of situations? For example: pilots, fac, armour, fire teams, squads?

Thirdly,
Should we set up an SOP structure for these radio's?
ie: Plt HQ is always on 6, alpha trough delta are on 1-5, pilots are always on long range 2,... stuff like that?

Just some toughts I had from testing Acre out.
Hund

Post by Hund »

Half Duplex is the shit, full duplex is just shit. These are the facts.

Werd.
Erppa

Post by Erppa »

[Ben] wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:05 pm Model Interference = True - Creates static on the radio when receiving multiple signals at once. (Over-writable)
Full Duplex Radios = True - Allows for radios to send and receive multiple signals. (Over-writable)
These should not be both true, only one of them.

Interference
Multiple transmissions on the same frequency can be destructive this setting allows you disable that interference allowing you to hear multiple speakers on the same frequency at once. Otherwise you will hear destructive interference if multiple people are transmitting on the same frequency (if both transmissions are received and one does not dominate the other).
Default value: Enabled (true)

Full Duplex
This setting allows a radio to broadcast and receive transmissions at the same time. Allowing you to hear others speaker on the same frequency as you talk. It is recommended to disable interference if you enable full duplex.
Default value: Disabled (false)
StRiKeR

Post by StRiKeR »

Erppa

Post by Erppa »

StRiKeR wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:46 pm Quickview of the variables
Documentation has changed and I can't find the list of variables.
could someone please post it here? Thanks!
[Ben]

Post by [Ben] »

Erppa

Post by Erppa »

Nice link. It's not there.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (100.03 KiB) Viewed 4841 times