Addon Suggestions

Anything related to Addons on the No.2 Server. Please contact Ben or Rory for more information on Addons.
RangerOfTheOrder

Re: Addon Suggestions

Post by RangerOfTheOrder »

I have a map suggestion for Server 2. I know it's not a mod, but Rory suggested I move the topic here. The map is Taunus and it is awesome. It's got a good variation of terrain; forests, hills, plains, etc. The cities are actually cities, with multistory buildings and towers. Not to mention a good majority of the buildings, even some of the larger ones, can be entered (unlike Cherno). There are some great opportunities for close quarters urban combat. As an added bonus, it's a beautiful map. It doesn't require any mods that aren't already in the pack and preliminary testing shows no bugs. How willing would the admins be to test it out if I make some simple missions for it?
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =836147398
[Ben]

Post by [Ben] »

I know the map. Its on my list of things to test now that we have 64 bit.
You couldn't script your way out of a cardboard box.
ashley

Post by ashley »

Don't get Ben all riled up over Taunus please
RangerOfTheOrder

ashley wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:39 pm Don't get Ben all riled up over Taunus please
Do you mean "riled up" in a good way or a bad way?
Kingsize

Post by Kingsize »

So i was thinking lately and i was like we have no missions where we para drop in like badasses and i found a cool static line mod that would be really cool for some mission creators to utilize in there missions.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28794

Sorry guys I knew there was a addon suggestion area and I remember seeing it but when I went to put this up I just couldn't find it. But I found it thanks guys who replied on my thread

Also I do see why you guys say no but I will test it and see if it works at all on the aircraft we have.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Congratulations, you are the 1'000'000th person to present this "mod". Carry, tell the man what he has won!

Well Jeff, kingsize has won the realisation that a group of people that can't even drive a car in a straight line for 2 seconds, should just be pushed out the plane without this kind of "mod".

Thanks Carry
You're welcome Jeff
LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

Tom wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:16 am Congratulations, you are the 1'000'000th person to present this "mod". Carry, tell the man what he has won!

Well Jeff, kingsize has won the realisation that a group of people that can't even drive a car in a straight line for 2 seconds, should just be pushed out the plane without this kind of "mod".

Thanks Carry
You're welcome Jeff
This Is Gold.
Always Have A Zeus Mission...
Bank

Post by Bank »

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is there a reason Ares is getting me blocked from server 1? I've updated it using the steam workshop, but it looks like its not accepted by server 1?
Not wrong, just an asshole
[Ben]

Post by [Ben] »

Bank wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:58 pm Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is there a reason Ares is getting me blocked from server 1? I've updated it using the steam workshop, but it looks like its not accepted by server 1?
The key for Achilles 0.0.6d is present on all servers. I would check the keys you have on your client match that version.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Bank wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:58 pm Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is there a reason Ares is getting me blocked from server 1? I've updated it using the steam workshop, but it looks like its not accepted by server 1?
Use Achilles instead of Ares, it's essentially Ares+.
Bank

Post by Bank »

Thanks, didnt know we were using Achilles. INB4 learn to search :/
Not wrong, just an asshole
supahgamer

Nopeland (Australia)

Post by supahgamer »

Wombat wrote:You've done a great job here, testing the addon and building a case.

However, as you've pointed out yourself, this doesn't need a new thread and should've been posted here in the first place. I've taken the liberty to delete your thread and moved your post here for you.
I´ve been tracking the progress of the map/terrain Australia and few weeks ago they released v5.09 which optimized LOT of the enviroment so i gave it a another try picked up a jet flew around 250meters and around 900km/h and managed to stay over 70fps also having higher fps while traversing other places like urban areas and thick forests with other types of travel and at last practices with ai turned out great with some rough edges (I´ll get to that)

Now the technical stuff

Pros
-The map is 40X40 kilometers (Altis is 270km² for comparison)
-Includes 7 airports with autoland features
-Large desert covering 1/5th of the map for armor combat and such
-Multiple Urban areas with buildings including interiors
-A map legend that shows Airports/Police Stations(Need some debugging for accesss)/Hospitals etc.
-Variety of forests
-New buildings
-ideal for missions making
-Replayability
-High level of detail

Cons
-Ai acts weird in cities
-AI can´t use some locations due to steepness of some hills
-Lack of Military bases
-Large size
-Don´t know how well it will work on the server

Map is currently 5GB´s and i don´t know if we have enough Bandwith/Server Space but i tought that we could use this instead of napf and gorgona
(or other maps) since both maps are outdated and their development is slowed down to a stop and the fact that australia includes features from both maps with better stability

TL:DR
Australia (NOPE Land) 5gb map might need to remove other maps 40x40 some small problems with AI !NEED TESTING ON SERVER! Gib toughts

Map link:http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28882

PS: I know every machine is diffrent and might have other results with other Peoples PCs (well then captain obvious why dont you test on yours then)
Which part is the trigger
[Ben]

Post by [Ben] »

Just a general note, that all other mod evaluation is on hold until i have finished with ACRE related things. The ETA on this depends entirely on community members, if people can't be bother to help when it is requested then things don't move anywhere.
RangerOfTheOrder

Re: Nopeland (Australia)

supahgamer wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:53 pm
Wombat wrote:You've done a great job here, testing the addon and building a case.

However, as you've pointed out yourself, this doesn't need a new thread and should've been posted here in the first place. I've taken the liberty to delete your thread and moved your post here for you.
I´ve been tracking the progress of the map/terrain Australia and few weeks ago they released v5.09 which optimized LOT of the enviroment so i gave it a another try picked up a jet flew around 250meters and around 900km/h and managed to stay over 70fps also having higher fps while traversing other places like urban areas and thick forests with other types of travel and at last practices with ai turned out great with some rough edges

Map is currently 5GB´s and i don´t know if we have enough Bandwith/Server Space but i tought that we could use this instead of napf and gorgona
(or other maps) since both maps are outdated and their development is slowed down to a stop and the fact that australia includes features from both maps with better stability
sure, I already have 80 gigs worth of Arma mods, what's another 5?
ashley

Re: Nopeland (Australia)

Post by ashley »

RangerOfTheOrder wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 2:18 pm
supahgamer wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:53 pm

I´ve been tracking the progress of the map/terrain Australia and few weeks ago they released v5.09 which optimized LOT of the enviroment so i gave it a another try picked up a jet flew around 250meters and around 900km/h and managed to stay over 70fps also having higher fps while traversing other places like urban areas and thick forests with other types of travel and at last practices with ai turned out great with some rough edges

sure, I already have 80 gigs worth of Arma mods, what's another 5?
Another 5 is another 250gb (at minimum) the community needs to find to add to the repo, 5gb is a lot for just one map when we have upwards of 50 people downloading the addons.