Addon Suggestions

Anything related to Addons on the No.2 Server. Please contact Ben or Rory for more information on Addons.
Beyond your Ken

Re: Addon Suggestions

Post by Beyond your Ken »

T-6 Texan II
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26067
Far better mod then the Super Tucano.
-Best for ground support and recon.

Stridsvagn 103
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=32129
Non-turret tank.
-Makes the driver have more to do in missions.
-Can be used as an assault gun like the German stug.
-could help improve communication and teamwork with vehicle crews.
Tom

Post by Tom »

That tank would really fit in well with our other Swedish forces packs!

Ps: we have a super Tucano in our pack now?
StRiKeR

Post by StRiKeR »

TBH im not a fan of the STRV but the Texan actually could fit right in considering we do not have a low speed, long loiter COIN aircraft. And on top of that it would be our first dual seat fixed wing without being an OP menace. Remains to be seen how high quality it actually is tho. Food for thought.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

StRiKeR wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:55 pmTBH im not a fan of the STRV
You're not a fan due to the mod being poor or you just don't think the vehicle asset itself would be useful/fun?

I've not tried the mod myself but the real-life tank is very unique in the way to operates which should provide unique gameplay compared to any other armoured vehicle.
StRiKeR

Post by StRiKeR »

Wombat wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:56 pm
StRiKeR wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:55 pmTBH im not a fan of the STRV
You're not a fan due to the mod being poor or you just don't think the vehicle asset itself would be useful/fun?

I've not tried the mod myself but the real-life tank is very unique in the way to operates which should provide unique gameplay compared to any other armoured vehicle.
Im not a fan based on the limited usability of this asset and it struggling to sensibly fit in anywhere. While perhaps interesting in the way it operates, it is solely run by the Swedish Army and I have to agree there with Tom's sarcastic comment that it wouldn't quite fit in anywhere and I don't really fancy make believe. I am not forming this opinion based on perhaps outstanding asset quality but its inability to sensibly fit in anywhere. I fear the STRV would be another niche asset for missions that like to sport freakshow platoon structures. The Texan (or any other well done COIN aircraft) doesn't fall victim to that.

Edit: Also dont think that ArmA is even able to simulate sth like slanted armor on a tank well, which is part of the STRVs main selling point, ie. bouncing lots of rounds.

If you like StuGs, perhaps an idea would be to make StuG missions for the IFA special and use it as a study to gauge how much it really changes crew work.
Tom

Post by Tom »

TBH the current pack gives lots of abilities to mix it up. We have lots of armour, lots of rotary, lots of sea and river assets... adding little improvements here or there could add even more variation.

The tank I don't see the benefit of, we have no Swedish units and we would send that thing into a town and shout at the crew for being tank noobs.

The L39 is currently the only light plane we have... we don't use our drones enough tho, a greyhawk properly used as an asset could provide so much depth!

Anyway, maybe we can add these to our faction pack in time?
Beyond your Ken

Post by Beyond your Ken »

Tom we do not have Super Tucano now. It was one of my request and was of lower quality then the Texan mod that I just looked at. Yes we don't use drones that often and there is less of an impact when it gets destroyed or shot at then when you your person gets shot at as it is not merely equipment.

As far as Sweden equipment we are missing the uniforms. We have their jets, apcs ,small arms, and AT already. They might not be exact version, but we have the main pattern weapon. Small arms g3 rifle, mp5, g36, hk417, fn mag, fn minimi, kar98, and glock 17. Heavy weapons m82, m2 browning, Carl Gustav, and at4. Vehicles Marshal, Bmp1, Super stallion, black hawk, and Gryphon jet.

The benefit of the tank is that it relies on the driver more giving him more to do then forward, stop. Then gunner kills every thing and the driver waits till he is needed. Second it also has it's own challenges on how to employ this vehicle. I mainly suggested it as it offers a different game-play mechanic then conventional tanks.
Ryanwilliams2465

Post by Ryanwilliams2465 »

I'm thinking of the Arma 3 Aegis addon pack being added. Link: https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topi ... a-3-aegis/
Kickboxing_Bnana

Post by Kickboxing_Bnana »

achlles updated to version 0.0.8c
here are the change logs
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... /723217262
"I am BnanaMan. Ever alert for the call to action!"
Kickboxing_Bnana

Dyna Sound2 https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =825181638 and
Enhanced Soundscape https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =825179978

have been updated please update the optional keys
Kickboxing_Bnana

SpyderAddons

Data Type: Mod
Mod Type: Editor Extension, Mechanics
File Size 5.232 MB
Last Update 23 May 2017 @ 6:34pm

link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =579263829

has a couple of nice and useful features, best feature though is the possibility to interact with civilians

Civilian Interaction
  • Integrated with ALiVE
  • Order civilians to "Get Down", "Go Away", and "Detain" them in order to maintain control over the situation.
  • Ask civilians about personal details such as where they live in order to collect intel.
  • Ask civilians about insurgent activity in the area.
  • Ask civilians about nearby civilians that may be preparing to commit an act of terror.
  • All information is persistent thanks to ALiVE's Civilian Population system.
  • Usage: Define insurgent faction being used
  • Requires: ALiVE
Full feature list can be found here:
https://github.com/SpyderBlack723/Spyde ... /README.md
LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

Kickboxing_Bnana wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:49 pm
  • Ask civilians about insurgent activity in the area.
Oh, Now thats nice :D
Always Have A Zeus Mission...
Kyoptic

Post by Kyoptic »

Are there any plans or suggestions for a decent desert opfor faction that's not the Russians? It irks me that my options are essentially Taliban insurgents or Russians when we're playing on Takistan, Zarbabad and now Daliyah, and a good 'oil rich dictatorship' faction would really help flesh out a few different mission types on these kinds of maps.
Making the world a better place, by shooting people in the face.
[Ben]

Post by [Ben] »

Kyoptic wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:36 pm Are there any plans or suggestions for a decent desert opfor faction that's not the Russians? It irks me that my options are essentially Taliban insurgents or Russians when we're playing on Takistan, Zarbabad and now Daliyah, and a good 'oil rich dictatorship' faction would really help flesh out a few different mission types on these kinds of maps.
Possibly, what did you have in mind? In regards to factions in general, i have wanted to make some PBO's that essentially are just unit and group configs for factions that we could make with all our existing assets, just have not had the time. If there is something specific you had in mind that can use the weapons and uniforms we already have then it makes things considerably easier and more likely to become a thing.
You couldn't script your way out of a cardboard box.
Cobra.

Post by Cobra. »

What about ripping the Takistani National Army from CUP? We already have the AK's, FAL's, and M60's.

Or should I get to work on it since it's actually useful?
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey @Cobra! Please don't use bad words!
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey, sorry about this but... you got banned from Zeus by MEE6#4876 for 'Too many infractions..'

please do not swear on my christian youth server.